Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bowling

I went to the bowling alley with Dan, Christy, Sabrina, Jimmy, Nana, Gramps, Mom and Dad. Jimmy did not play because he is too little. He enjoyed the music a lot! My Dad didn't play because he hurt his shoulder and didn't want to hurt it more. Nana and Gramps are Sabrina’s grandparents and I call them Nana and Gramps because they don't seem to mind. Sabrina wanted to go bowling for her birthday. While we were there we played 3 games. It was so awesome because I did pretty well for my first time actually throwing the bowling ball. My scores were: Game 1 – 73, Game 2 – 87, Game 3 – 85. We used bumpers because we were sort of beginners.





6 comments:

The Dukes said...

I love bowling! It looks like it was a lot of fun. I hope your dad's injury wasn't from Wii bowling. Hey, is there Wii table tennis?

Abby F. said...

Sarah,
My dad does not know how he hurt his shoulder. There is Wii table tennis on the game Wii Play.

Aunt Martha said...

Hi Abby:

You had some really good scores!

I used to be in a bowling league. We bowled every week. My average was 142.

One time I bowled a 252! I don't think I can do that again.

It has been years since I have bowled. You might be able to beat me now!

Maybe we can go bowling when you are in Lexington at Christmas time.

Love,
Aunt Martha

Grandma F said...

Hi Abby,
It has been years and years since I went bowling. I always found it to be a lot of fun. If I remember correctly, your Dad and his two siblings all used to bowl when they were kids. In fact, we have a bowling ball that lives in our basement right now. I don't know who it belonged to.

Grandma F

Laurie said...

Cool looking bowling ally! Where is that? Nice job on your scores!

Linc. said...

Hey, Abby--

Those are good scores for a beginning bowler of your age! I think mine were about the same when I started bowling, and I was much older than you my first time. Keep up the effort and I know your scores will improve significantly.

It's a fun sport, isn't it?

YeYe F.