Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Night-Night Game

When I was two years old, I played a game with my parents. We called it the Night-Night game. I would drag my parents into separate bedrooms. I would take my mom to my bedroom and I would take my dad to my parent’s bedroom. I would walk back to my room and cover my mom up with a doll blanket and say, “Night-Night” and turn off the light and close the door. Then I would walk to my parent’s room and cover my dad up with a doll blanket and say, “Night-Night” and turn off the light and close the door. After that I would go back to my room and knock on the door and I would say, “Knock, knock, morning!” to wake up my mom. Then I would go knock on my parent’s door and wake up my dad. I did this over and over and over again. I did not say the words correctly, but my parents could understand what I was saying. As you can imagine I had a lot of fun playing the Night-Night game.

Below is a movie that shows a different version of the Night-Night game so you can get an idea of what this game might have looked like.



video

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby,

Great movie! Thanks for posting it. I had Mara sit on my lap and we watched it and everytime you said, "Bye Bye" she laughed! We watched it again and she was so intent on staring at the screen and would burst out laughing when ever you opened the door! She loves her cousin Abby!

Thanks again for posting it, we loved watching it.

Love,
Aunt Wendy

Aunt Martha said...

Hi Abby:

I don't remember seeing that video before! I really like it.

It's fun to remember things from earlier in your childhood.

I just read Aunt Wendy's post about Mara watching the video with her. Maybe you can teach Mara the Night-Night Game at Christmas.

Uncle John, your Dad and I should sit around at Christmas and remember some stories from our childhood to tell you!

I bet we could come up with some really funny stories to tell.

Love,
Aunt Martha

The Dukes said...

The Dukes are LOVING watching little Abby in this video! I was explaining that this is "Colorado Abby when she was little..." and Ian asked "Did she have some birthdays?!" I think he was meaning all the birthdays between when you were 2 and now!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Abby--

I'm looking forward to helping teach your cousin Mara about the Night-Night Game!

And I'm also eagerly awaiting our Christmas reunion and the telling of childhood stories by your parents, Uncle John, and Aunt Martha! Aunt Wendy and Grandma F can join in, too. (Fortunately, I'm too old to remember back that far to my childhood.)

Much love.

YeYe F.

Anonymous said...

Dear Abby,

What a fun video. It was very special seeing you as a 'little' Abby! What a great memory to cherish and share. I hope you are doing well. I think of you and your family often.

Love,

Ms. Marci

Lani said...

Hi Abby,

What a great game!! And such a nice job you did describing it.

In the video you looked to be having so much fun! It will be a treat for you to see when you are an adult I'm sure.

I think no one is too old for games and fun. Even at my age (and I am old), my husband and I enjoy silly games. What kinds of games do you play now with your family?

Lani

Abby F. said...

Lani,
We play board games like Sorry and we also play catch and other silly games.
Abby