Friday, September 11, 2009

Merrick

Babysitting is awesome! Last Friday night I got to babysit Merrick. Merrick is Ms. MaKayla’s son. Ms. MaKayla worked with my mom. Ms. MaKayla has a husband named Philip. We got to babysit Merrick so Ms. MaKayla and Philip could go out to dinner. They brought him over to my house.

What can Merrick do? He can sit up by himself. Merrick can sit up and play with toys. Merrick has a lot of toys. Some that he likes are a stuffed animal that is a frog and a box that has blocks in it. When Merrick sees that the box is full he tips it over.

Merrick likes playing peek-a-boo. He will put his face on his blanket and then Merrick will lift his head. I say, “Where is Merrick?” Then I say, “There he is” when he pops his head up. He also liked listening to me play the guitar.

I really liked babysitting Merrick. I can’t wait until we do it again.










8 comments:

The Dukes said...

Ahem. I didn't know this service was available. Sorry I accidentally stayed the whole time when the Dukes came to visit.

Merrick is adorable!

Aunt Martha said...

Hi Abby:

Watch out! Uncle John and Aunt Wendy might be interested in your services too!

Did you get to change his diaper? Or give him something to eat?

Uncle John, Aunt Wendy and Mara went to visit Grandma and Grandpa F. this weekend.

Too bad I did all the chores when I was there last weekend. I didn't leave much for Uncle John to have to do!

Love,
Aunt Martha

Abby F. said...

@Aunt Martha,

I did get to feed Merrick milk in a bottle. I didn't get to change his diaper.

Anonymous said...

Merrick is so lucky to have such a great babysitter! He had a great time at your house...and Philip and I really enjoyed dinner. He can't wait to come over and play again! Have a great weekend!

MaKayla

Anonymous said...

Hey, Abby--

You sure are learning a lot this year, some from home-school and some from experiences such as baby-sitting Merrick and writing on your blog.

Always keep an open mind and look for lessons in everything you do!

YeYe F.

Lani said...

Hi Abby,

I enjoyed hearing about Merrick and that you enjoyed babysitting; your descriptions helped me to remember when I babysat many years ago! I think the pictures of you and Merrick show how much you both had a good time!

Do you have tips for others who are just starting in now that you have had some experience? What are some of the most important things to remember?

Lani

Abby F. said...

Lani,

The most important thing to remember when you are babysitting is not to get too wild with the baby. They could get hurt. Remember that they are obviously younger than you and can't do all the things you can do.

Lani said...

Hi Abby,

Thanks so much for replying to my question on tips. Your comments are really helpful.

Lani