Monday, October 22, 2007

October 21, 2007 - Sea World

Today we went to Sea World. I saw three shows. I saw an animal one that had dogs, cats, a skunk, a pig, a rat and that’s all. I liked it. I watched the Shamu whale show, too. I liked when the trainers did a Shamu chant and I joined in with some hand motions. The whales liked the fish a lot so they always wanted to get a fish when they did something right. It was very, very, very, very fun.
The third show I saw was a walrus and two sea lions. The sea lions were taken care of by a pirate.


I fed the stingrays and the dolphins. The stingrays are a little bit harder to feed because they don’t come out of the water you have to put your hand under the water as far as you can. Then they come and take the fish out of your hand. But the dolphins don’t do that. You hold the fish by the tail and you leave it out of the water and then the dolphins come and get it. When the dolphins come I drop the fish into their mouths. I like feeding the dolphins better than the stingrays, but they’re both cool.


I went into climbing nets and I climbed up the nets. After a while it felt easy because I’d been doing it over and over and over. After a while my Dad came on there, too.

I rode the Journey to Atlantis ride at the end. It was scary for a minute there because there was big green eyes and then he poked out at us when we went through. Then we went up this giant hill and we went really fast down and we got splashed. And then we went back up by the same hill we went down on and we went down another hill in the dark. When we got off it was raining so we got even more wet.


3 comments:

Aunt Martha said...

Hi Abby:

I think it would be really neat to feed dolphins. I would like to do that sometime.

What did the animals do that were in the animal show? Did they do tricks?

Love,
Aunt Martha

Abby F. said...

Aunt Martha - In the animal show I saw animals do tricks like a dog jumping rope, stealing a lady's food, and then driving a car across the stage. I saw cats climb up a wall and a rope.

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby!

Wow...it looks like you are having so much fun! I have always wanted to feed the dolphins. Have you seen any Manatees? They are so neat. I fell in love with them when I went to Sea World a few years ago. Abby I am glad you and your family are having a great fall break. Keep posting!

Ms. Marci