Friday, October 23, 2009

My Best Friend Sabrina

My best friend Sabrina went to the Westlands Park with me on Monday afternoon. We had a blast climbing a rock wall that looked like a giant tree, exploring a two-story tree house and sliding on a zip line. This park has a lot of interesting equipment.

In addition to the park on Monday, on Wednesday, Sabrina and I had a sleepover at my house. We went out to dinner at Chili’s. I got a cheeseburger with fries and Sabrina got macaroni and cheese with cinnamon apples. After that we came home and Sabrina and I got into our pj’s. Next we watched a movie and then my mom read to us. Later we talked about stuff, we read to ourselves and last we fell asleep. In the morning we ate breakfast and played for a while.

Tomorrow we are going to see Honk at the Arvada Center for the Arts. Honk is a play that is about the ugly duckling story. It is a musical. I am excited to go with my family, Sabrina and her Nana.



















4 comments:

The Noltes said...

Hi Abby,
I am Sarah's Mom and Gran of The Dukes of Lawrence.

These photos bring back memories for me of the days that Sarah wore a cap and played with her friends. As I always told my children, " To have a friend, Be a friend" and it looks like you are doing just that!

Aunt Martha said...

Hi Abby:

That was a nice looking rock wall to climb on. The leaves on the tree looked really neat.

The tree house looked really huge. It would not fit in too many trees around here.

I'm glad you had a great time on your sleepover with Sabrina.

Let us know how the musical is. Musicals make a story much more interesting than just reading the story.

Love,
Aunt Martha

P.S. I am very impressed with the continued improvement in your writing and vocabulary this year. Every blog you post is better and better!

Grandma F said...

Hi Abby,

Westlands Park looks like a great place to visit. I liked seeing pictures of you and Sabrina as nine-year-olds. On my bulletin board in the computer room is a picture of you, Sabrina and Shanley. You three are dressed in winter coats, holding hands and walking across a bricked area. You girls must be about two-years-old. It is one of my very favorite pictures.

How nice that you and Sabrina are getting to do all these neat activities while Sabrina's parents are in China. Friendship is something to cultivate and cherish.

becky said...

Westlands Park looks like a great place to go! Wish it was close to me so I could take my grandson.
It's nice to see pictures of Sabrina since you talked about her at dinner.