Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Energy

I am learning about Energy and here are a few things I have learned:

*What Is Energy? Energy is the ability to do work like making something move or change.
*Here is a cycle of Energy: sun-plant-cow-milk-arm-bat-ball.
*Here are some types of Energy: heat energy, light energy, sound energy, electrical energy, kinetic energy(energy of motion), potential energy (stored energy) and nuclear energy.
*Here is a website that has fun games about saving energy:
http://www.energyhog.org/

3 comments:

csitterley said...

Abby,
That is a very clear example of the energy cycle. I like the way that you listed ideas about energy and gave your flowchart showing how you got your dad to jump. Thank you for the games website too. I will be meeting with some grade 5 teachers tomorrow and I will share this with them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby,

Thanks for the energy saving link..I'll certainly read that over again and again...our energy bill seems so high at times! And I'll forward the link to the games to my sister Kim, so she can have her kids check them out.

Thanks again, hope you have a great week!

Love,
Uncle John, Aunt Wendy and cousin Mara

Aunt Martha said...

Hi Abby:

You've taught me something new about energy!

When I have more time, I will check out the energyhog web site.

I think you should post a video of your dad jumping up and down to show us his energy!

Love,
Aunt Martha