Thursday, August 13, 2009

POOP IN THE POOL

Yesterday my mom and I went to the pool. We were only in the pool for an hour because the lifeguards started circling the pool to see if there was poop in the pool and sure indeed there was! So the lifeguards blew their whistle and the lifeguards said there was poop in the pool so we got out right away. We took a shower then we went to the outside pool and I played in the outside pool. When we went to the locker room the lifeguards were still working on the pool. Then we came home and took another shower.

PS This was my first time typing my own blog post and it took a long time. I have been learning to type. I know the home row keys and the top row keys. I still need to learn the bottom row keys.



4 comments:

diane said...

Abby,

You did an excellent job of typing! It's wonderful that you can be a more independent blogger now.

Aunt Martha said...

Hi Abby:

Yuck! I'm glad the lifeguards were alert and got everybody out of the pool so they could clean it up.

I'm glad you were able to go to the outside pool and finish your swimming.

Congratulations on typing your own post! It will get easier to do with practice. It's kind of like playing the piano. Once you know where all the keys are, it gets faster.

I used to be able to type really, really fast, but I don't type much any more, so I'm much slower now. (Maybe it has something to do with age also!)

Maybe I should practice on "Lunch Letters" to get my speed back up.

Love,
Aunt Martha

The Dukes said...

I should not have read this while eating my breakfast...

I second Aunt Martha on the practice- even if you choose a few words (maybe spelling words!) to type over and over again, just moving your fingers over the keyboard repeatedly will help your brain memorize the key strokes!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Abby--

Your Aunt Martha is a good model for you to emulate (remember that word?) in typing--she used to type as fast as 129 words per minute and people would watch her in awe. That's pretty good for a professional truck driver, isn't it? (She's also a very good driver and a good reader, as well! She's very talented. It's unfortunate that she didn't keep playing the piano.)

--YeYe F.