Monday, March 20, 2017

The Great Gatsby Chapter 8

"Go away old sport"(Page 148). I think that part of is that he can't leave Daisy and that he can't leave because he is in love with her and he would do anything for her. "What was the use of doing great things if I could have a better time telling her what I was going to do?"(Page 150).  I feel as though he feels guilty because of that. "She wanted her life shaped now"(Page 151). I think that she was desperate and need something then and Tom was the one that could give it to her at that time. "I don't think she ever loved him"(Page 152). I find that very interesting because he wants her very badly now. "You're worth the whole damn bunch put together" (Page 154). That is a interesting compliment that you would not just give anybody. "I've left Daisy's house"(Page 155). I think that Jordan need to get out because of what she and Nick had to watch between Daisy and Tom and Gatsby. "He murdered her"(Page 158). I think that George thinks that it is Tom. "So by that time he knew Gatsby's name" (Page 160). I find that interesting that he is waiting and searching for Gatsby. "But they knew then, I firmly believe" (Page 161). I find that a little weird that they make us assume what happened at the end of this chapter.

No comments: