Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Great Gatsby Chapter 4

"But I can still read the gray names"(Page 61). I think that the gray area is very important in this book. "Benny McClenahan arrived always with for girls"(Page 63). I feel that is kinda like Fitzgerald affairs."I had talked with him perhaps six times in the past month and found, to my disappointment, he had said very little"(Page 64). That is answering why Nick doesn't talk much. "My family all died and I came into a good deal of money"(Page 65). That explains his big house. "Then came the war, old sport. "It was a great relief, and I tried very hard to die." (Page 66). That is interesting because he didn't want to live. "I hadn't asked Jordan to tea in order to discuss Mr. Jay Gatsby"(Page 67). Gatsby has a weird way of doing things. "Then the valley of ashes opened out on both sides of us"(Page 68). That is going to become a big part of the book I think. "There was the smile again but his time I held out against it."(Page 71). I find that interesting is he going to try to figure out what the smile means. "Yeah, Gatsby very careful about women"(Page 72). That is definitely not like Fitzgerald. "I turned toward Mr. Gatsby, but he was no longer there"(Page 74). Where would he go to get away from Tom Buchanan? "It's a great advantage not to drink among hard-drinking people"(Page 77). That is very interesting because that is kinda like Fitzgerald. "He wants her to see his house"(Page 79). That is so interesting and kinda freaky.

No comments: