Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 4th

Yesterday I went to the fireworks with a friend. Her name is Sabrina. We went on this thing that was called a bungee jump or something. It was really, really cool. I felt a little nervous on the first one because I wasn’t really used to it, but by the end it was really fun. It’s a trampoline and then you have a harness on and ropes on. They they just bounce you and you go really high up.


The fireworks had to stop because there was a small fire. I liked them before the fire started and they had to call it a night.






Sabrina’s Mom and Dad, my Mom and Dad, and Sabrina and I let their butterflies go. They ordered some caterpillars that then changed into cocoons and then they put them into a tent as they grew into butterflies. When we let them go, I had to go in the tent because one butterfly didn’t want to come out, so I crawled in there and I got the butterfly out.

1 comment:

Aunt Martha said...

Hi Abby:

I didn't get to see any fireworks this year. I really like going to see them. I used to go see them when I lived in Lexington because they had a big display. Now that I live in West Virginia in a small town, I would have to drive a long distance to see a good display of fireworks.

You are very brave to do a bungee jump. I don't think I would like it.

It is good to let the butterflies go. I went to Sabrina's site, but couldn't watch the movie about the butterflies for some reason.

Love,
Aunt Martha