Saturday, July 12, 2008

Camping

I went camping with my Mom and Dad. We went to Golden Gate Canyon State Park. I got to feed the fish at the Visitor’s Center by throwing the food in the water. Then we went on a hike. It was kind of tough because there were so many big hills, but everybody made it and they made it all the way back.







And then we setup our tent and I helped set it up. I went into the tent and got to organize the sleeping bags and sleeping pads.












We had dinner and then started on a hike after dinner but we couldn’t make it because it was too long to walk so we came back. We had a campfire, told campfire stories, and roasted marshmallows. I got to help gather the kindling. Later I gathered more kindling and I got to put them in the fire. I fell asleep in four seconds when we went to bed in the tent.








The next morning we packed up our tent and camping stuff, then we drove to the hike instead of trying to walk to it, and we went on the hike. After the hike we drove home.

5 comments:

mrsdurff said...

Did you make s'mores?

Aunt Martha said...

Hi Abby:

That looks like a very nice campground and park. I haven't gone camping in a long time.

Your Dad took me to a nice park one time when I was visiting. I don't know if that is the same one or not. I remember that there were fish ponds at the visitor center.

I wish I could come visit sometime in the summer so that we could go camping together.

Love,
Aunt Martha

Abby F. said...

mrsdurff - Yes, we made s'mores.

aunt martha - That is the same park my Dad took you to.

Anonymous said...

Abby,

I feel so bad. I just discovered that the many comments that I have made to your stories on your blog, have never gone through. You must have thought that I was not reading your blog or that I was not interested. I read all your stories and have enjoyed hearing about your many activities. I know that I tried to send comments for all but one of your entries this year. I am going to try to send this comment and see if it will go through. if not, I will send somethig about the problem to your Dad via email.
Grandma F

laurie said...

Hi Abby,
This is Laurie, Julian's mom from school. Your mom shared your blog with me so I wanted to say hello! It looks like you are having a WONDERFUL summer! Your camping experience looks like it was a lot of fun! You look like quite a baseball player too!
I have heard Ms. Marci is an awesome teacher! You are going to have a fun year in 3rd grade.
Julian is looking forward to getting to know Ms. Hanni too!
We will see you SOON!