Sunday, July 17, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt

Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt were here - it was really fun to have them here because we got to do a lot of fun things. We got to see their new RV, I played guitar for them, they taught me how to make a latch-hook rug, we went to Golden Gate Canyon State Park, got an iPad for Grandma, played Angry Birds with Grandpa, played Wii with both of them, went to Daniels Park, we got new phones, and they came and watched me play softball.

After I learned how to do the latch-hook rug I liked it so much that I wanted to make one myself. So we went to the store and bought one and I love working on it.

We all got new cell phones. I got my first phone and I like to text on it. The phone has a slide-out keyboard so it's easy to text on.

Here are some pictures.

















6 comments:

shellh said...

Abby,

Love the pictures looks like you had a wonderful time with your Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt. We to see them here in Indiana.
Your Cousin,
Shelly Schmidt

Alex Charney Cohen said...

I'm glad you had such a nice visit with your grandparents. I think you can learn a lot about your parents by spending time with their parents. I'm sure that spending time with you is a highlight of their year - I know my grandmothers felt that way about me and my sister and that my parents feel that way about my children.

Noreene said...

Lovely blog Abby! Your words and you pictures really tell your story.

Lisa Johnson said...

Wow, Abby. I new cell phone! You must be getting ready to go off to middle school or something! It sounds like you really enjoyed your grandparents' visit.
By the way, I just gave Reid a latch-hook rug kit and neither of us know how to do it. Figuring it out is on our list of things to do this week. Maybe we should get together and you could teach him ... or maybe you could video yourself doing a tutorial and post it to your blog!
:) Lisa Johnson

Mr. Bill said...

Wow, what a great variety of fun things you did with your grandparents!
That's what summers are meant for.

I'll bet you're getting pretty excited about middle school.

Mr. Bill

Aunt Martha said...

Hi Abby:

Thanks for sharing the pictures from when your Grandma & Grandpa Schmidt visited. I know you had lots of fun with them.

Golden Gate Canyon State Park looks very nice. I love the pictures from there.

What kind of game is Angry Birds?

I did a few latch-hook rugs a long time ago. I may still have a couple of rugs that I never got done!

Maybe when I retire, I should buy an RV and then I can come visit you all the time! But I wonder if my cats would get along with Annie?

Love,
Aunt Martha